What companies implementing employee self-service say:
Employee self-service activities help improve HR services to employees and managers, while allowing HR professionals to focus on strategic activities to attract and retain talent.
A survey by The International Technology Group indicated that companies that implemented multiple self-service applications reported average three-year savings of $123,507 per 1,000 employees. (The International Technology Group is a not-for-profit organization that has studied the effects of employee self service.)
More than 90 percent of companies implementing employee self-service reported quantifiable success in meeting their objectives for the program, according to a survey by noted enterprise application and information management consulting firm, The Hunter Group. These companies reported the following:
- 100% return on investment within a year
- Up to 75% reduction in HR headcount-Companies successfully implementing self-service report that a single HR staff member can serve 50% more employees.
- An average of 50% reduction in cycle time, with a 94% reduction in open enrollment cycle time.
- An average 60% overall reduction in cost per HR transaction with as high as 90% reduction in cost of open enrollment alone
- Up to 50% improvement in employee satisfaction